The Stevensville Wednesday Market (Stevensville Farmers’ Market) offers the traditional market with fresh farm products grown by local Niagara farmers, smoked meats, baked goods, and good eats. The 2020 market will look a bit different with only food products permitted. Only these products are considered essential under the Ontario Government
Due to COVID-19, the following will not be attending the market as these products are considered non-essential. The good news is we will be able to provide you with an online shopping option. More information will be released shortly. This includes vendors selling handicrafts, health & wellness/beauty products, flowers, and artisans. Even with these limitations, customers can expect 12 vendors at the market when it opens on Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
Vendors will also face new restrictions and protocols to help limit the spread of COVID-19, including:
• Using face masks when unable to social distance properly at 2- meter requirement.
• Preferred use of electronic payments, cash payments will require a second individual whose sole duty will be the handling of cash.
• Maintaining a 2-meter separation when possible with patrons and fellow vendors who do not reside in their household.
• Prepackaging of products when possible.
• Frequent hand washing/sanitization.
• Self-assessment for COVID-19 exposure and symptoms.
As part of the reopening, the market will introduce a new online shopping portal, a feature that will continue even after COVID-19 restrictions ease. Further information will be released on which vendors are participating will be announced shortly at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564360843875584/
Those who still have are looking for fresh veggies, fruits, cheese and more, but might not yet be ready to physically enter the market, can head over to www.openfoodnetwork.ca/stevensville-farmers-market/shop to fill up their virtual shopping cart with an array of items from all the vendors they would normally find at the market. From there they simply place their order and it will be prepared for pickup at the market the following Wednesday.
Regular Market Hours: June 3 to October 7, 2020, Wednesday afternoons 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm